Kenya Maritime Authority enforces national and international maritime training and certification for both land and sea based courses.
In response to the shortcomings that the Authority observed in the existing maritime training programs in the country characterized by un-harmonized content that vary in time, relevance and coverage, the Authority developed the Maritime Transport Logistics (MTL) curricula at Certificate and Diploma level. The curricula was developed in collaboration with Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development (KICD), Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology.
To roll out the curricula, institutions are required to download and fill the below questionnaire prior to the approval audit exercised.
- Mount Kenya University (Mombasa Campus)
- Kenya School of Revenue (Mombasa Campus)
- Coast International College
Approval Under Progress
- Pioneer International University Nairobi
- Riara University
- Technical University of Mombasa
- Platinum School of Business Management
- Shipping Transport college of East Africa.
- The Zonal Training Institute
- Maritime Management Institute
- Equip Institute
The curricula are available for purchase at the Authority’s office at the below prices:
- Diploma – Kshs. 1255
- Certificate – Kshs. 935